Thursday 15 May 2014

Elephant ideas

Hi friends

I need your help!!!  Please share ideas/strategies/resources/links for teaching about elephants in the comments section.

I am putting together a blog post for my fellow Aussie teachers around the topic of elephants, for Australia's National Simultaneous Storytime Day on 21 May (next week!!!).  For more information about the event, check out:  https://www.alia.org.au/nss 

I will be putting together some freebie resources to support my colleagues and a blog post with links etc.  My focus will be on supporting students/teachers in the middle years and probably around some of the socially critical issues surrounding elephants etc.

There are so many great ideas already shared by the author, illustrator, publisher and the Australian Library and Information Association.  Many of these are for the early years.

I don't know how to host a blog  linky, so please, if you have any great ideas/resources/links for teaching about elephants, or for this particular book, "Too Many Elephants in This House", please leave a comment in the comments section at the bottom of this post...

I really would appreciate your help in sharing ideas, as I would love my colleagues (after the National Testing this week) to have a fun, romping good time with their students that encourages and inspires reading :)

Can anyone think of any companion texts that might be suitable???  

All ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Many thanks!
Kylie

2 comments :

  1. Hi Kylie have you seen this before it might be useful to include. http://andrewjoyner.com.au/too-many-elephants-in-this-house/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much :) I really appreciate your help

    ReplyDelete