Monday 5 September 2016

"Budburra's Garden", "I'm a Hungry Dinosaur" and a freebie

Recently I blogged about picture books that have been recently published that feature food. You can read that blog post here.  I will post a section of my review of "Budburra's Garden" for those who missed the previous post:

What's terrific about this picture book is that it introduces children to different nutritious foods (fruit and vegetables) according to their colours.  It is also terrific to use as a mentor text to reinforce learning about adjectives.  It introduces students to traditional fruits and vegetables, but also traditional Australian Indigenous foods.  The picture book includes information about the bush tucker found in "Budburra's Garden" at the back of the book and recipes to "Colour Yourself Healthy".  I really think this is a powerful picture book with potential to be used on many levels.

I created a FREE resource to support this picture book.  You can download it by clicking on any of the images about "Budburra's Garden" in this blog post.

Another terrific title that would fit in with this text set is "I'm a Hungry Dinosaur" by Janeen Brian. It was a Notable picture book in the 2016 Children's Book Council  of Australia (CBCA) Children's Book Week Awards.
 

You can check out my resource to support this picture book by clicking on the image above or here.
Have a terrific week everyone :)

No comments :

Post a Comment